In honor of World Autism Day, a recent conversation with my girl on the way to horseback therapy:
HER: why do you always ask to color with me?
ME: because it would be fun to do it together.
HER: well you know I wasn’t there the day they did sharing.
The day they “did sharing”. Love it.
On this day of honoring those with autism, I love my girl for so many reasons. Here is a few:
- She picks the M&M’s out of the trail mix when no body is watching
- She shows me her coloring books, but doesn’t let me near them
- She does everything on the half hour, so no need for clocks
- Watching her with the dogs reminds me love really is unconditional
- She refuses to tell me she loves me, but also refuses to tell me she doesn’t
Happy Autism Day to my most favorite people in the world.